Feeling Like an Artist (Major Blog Post Assignment)

Dashing Days. Coloured Pencil Love. Photograph. Dashing Days. Dashing Days. n.d. Jan 11 2016.

For many people, art is a great sense of relief. Some like to draw in a silent room with the simple light of their desks to illuminate them, while others prefer to draw in their bedroom sprawled out on their beds while music roars through the room. The way you draw and the materials you draw with can reflect on your personality.

image1 (1)

Rochette, Kallie-Ann. Warning Howl. n.d. Pen/Coloured Pencil on Paper. Personal Collection.

Some of the materials which are often used are:

• Pencil Crayons/Coloured Pencils (Regular, Soft, Watercolour)
  • Charcoal
  • Sketch Pencil Gradient
  • Pastels (Oil/Dry)
  • Paint (Acrylic, Watercolour, Oil, Spray)
  • Crayons/Wax Crayons
  • Markers
  • Water Based Markers (Sharpies and other permanent markers)

There are two main types of people when it comes to art. Neat and Messy. Personally, I am a messy artist. I will sprawl out on my bed while listening to music and will surround myself in materials. Most of the time, by the time i have completed a work, I have pencil crayons or markers all around me along with eraser shards.

Most of the time, people who work through messy environments tend to have a free mind and a loud personality. They are not the most organized and only truly focus if they enjoy what they are doing.

On a scale from 1-10, how neat are you?

I’d say I’m a 4, everything is in reach and easy to find. I simply end up surrounded in everything I’ve used.

https://www.youtube.com/user/FineArtEBooks

For more tips, check out this amazing YouTube channel with free tutorials and tips!