The Move Which Changed It All

This summer, I moved to Senegal. I had never moved out of my home country. I said goodbye to loved ones and close friends. Since then, many things have happened. I made new friends, I go to a new school and everything has turned for the best! I fit in easily, unlike what I thought. Everyone is very kind and caring, I couldn’t say that about most people at my old school. This move really changed it all.

7 thoughts on “The Move Which Changed It All

1. Nice to know you like it here (and that you think so nicely of us). Where was your old school? And, this might be kind of random, but what do you think of the food here?

• My old school was in Ontario, Canada. I love random questions! The food here is very different, some is great while some of the other stuff isn’t so great.

2. When did you find out you were leaving? Is there a reason you moved here? (Parents’ jobs, etc.)

• I found out around mid December 2014. No one was allowed to know until it was official, which was really hard. It became official in April this year but I was allowed to tell everyone in January. My dad works at the Canadian embassy which is why I moved here.

3. Wow! I like your post and how you wrote it, like your choice of words. I hope you are going to love Senegal, and I hope you already love ISD!

• I really do love ISD, I just need to get used to the Senegalese heat. For a Canadian girl, 40 degrees Celsius is REALLY hot.